During Surgical Treatment
For all surgical procedures, local anesthetic will be used to maintain comfort during treatment. We understand that with any dental treatment some anxiety may occur, and we offer conscious sedation for periodontal care to maintain patient comfort and ease anxiety.
For your comfort we provide:
- A selection of movies to watch during the procedure
- An i-Pod with various music selections and noise blocking headphones
- Dark glasses to aid in protecting your eyes
- A warm blanket to maintain patient comfort
- A neck and lumbar support for appropriate patient posture
If you choose conscious sedation:
Someone must bring you to your appointment and pick you up. While your ride awaits the completion of your procedure, there are many great stores and shops for them to visit to pass the time. In our reception room we also offer magazines and assorted coffees and teas for our guests to enjoy. Some designated drivers choose to return to work/home if a longer procedure is scheduled. We are happy to call the designated driver when your procedure is complete which will allow you to return home swiftly so that the healing can quickly begin with rest.